Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cheri Meineke-Johnson






















The applique class I took with Cheri Meineke-Johnson (pictured above right) was my absolute favorite at the quilt show in Houston. If you ever have a chance to take a class with her it is well worth it. I knew absolutely nothing about applique and I thought I would never ever even want to try. Cheri's class was so much fun that as soon as I got home I adapted my Autumn Jewel tea china pattern into templates, got out my freezer paper, ironed and starched and before long I was doing a decent applique with a #10 straw needle. Who knew it would be such fun. I tried using the YLI silk thread that Cheri recommended but I couldn't get the hang of it. So far cotton thread is working just fine. When I get better at it, I'll try the silk thread again. Check out my progress and I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment