Saturday, December 4, 2010

Restoring Antique Grandmothers Flower Garden Quilt
























































Using a light box I traced templates onto double layers of freezer paper. If you trim the freezer paper to 8 1/2" x 11" you can run it through computer printer to make multiples of the same template. After cutting out the templates - iron the shiny side of the template on the wrong side of the fabric. Use the iron, and some spray starch applied with a small paint brush to iron the raw edges down. I spray the spray starch directly into that little yellow bottle, a little goes along way. I make a whole stack of patches before I start a sewing session, I match a similar patch to a hexagon that needs repair, peel off the freezer paper template ( they can be reused) applique the fabric template, then quilt it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment